Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rise and Shine NYC

Oh how I love breakfast! My favorite NYC breakfast place is Sarabeth's. I love going to the location across the street from Central Park, sitting on the patio and watching people going in and out of the park. while eating lemon ricotta pancakes........oh heaven.


But I am feeling like I should try something new so here are some new breakfast options I have found.
202
Famous for French Toast that is made from brioche wedges soaked overnight in eggs (from free range chickens), whole vanilla pods and heavy cream then it browned in clarified butter. This is a the store of clothing designer Nicole Farhi. I know clothes and french toast could it get any better?
75 Ninth Ave., at 16th St.; 646-638-1173 Nearby Subway Stops A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.

'ino
Who would have thought panini for breakfast but I guess that is what this place is all about.
The entire menu is available from 9 a.m. on, though the designated breakfast section is home to one of the city’s now-iconic foodstuffs, the mighty truffled egg toast, an Italianate toad-in-the-hole blanketed with Fontina and bits of asparagus.
21 Bedford St., nr. Downing St.; 212-989-5769 Nearby Subway Stops 1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, V at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.

Clinton Street Baking Company
I have had a number of people tell me how great this place is for breakfast. I guess that would explain the lines of people trying to get in for brunch on the weekend. They are rumored to have the best pancakes in the city. I guess it is not as crazy on weekdays.
4 Clinton St., New York, NY 10002 Nearby Subway Stops F at Delancey St.; J, M, Z at Essex St.

Sullivan Street Bakery
Great Pastries, bread making classes, and doughnuts....love it. The bombolone pictured above has been picked as the best doughnut in the city. I usually buy something made by Sullivan Street Bakery when I go into Dean and Delucas but it might be fun to make a trip into Hell's Kitchen and visit the actual bakery.
533 W. 47th St., nr. Tenth Ave.; 212-265-5580 Nearby Subway Stops C, E at 50th St.

Egg on a Roll
This sounds like a new thing to try. Egg, bread, bacon and cheese what could be better than that? I think I would like to try this at ’Wichcraft their version is made with a fried egg, bacon and Gorgonzola on Sullivan St Bakery’s “panini” roll.
There are a number of locations. This might be the easiest to get to 1 rockefeller plaza @ 50th street or 555 5th avenue @ 46th street

If I make a trip into Brooklyn this place has been voted #1 Breakfast in New York City

egg
135 N. 5th St., nr. Bedford Ave., Williamsburg; 718-302-5151 Nearby Subway Stops L at Bedford Ave.

2 comments:

KeeKee said...

Yum! I want to come with you to NYC and just eat. This cleanse I am doing with my Mom is kicking my trash. In the last two days I think I have drunk my weight in broth:(

Unknown said...

I think you should have breakfast at Sarabeth's and somewhere new.

Sarabeth's definitely holds a special place in my heart, but I am also a fan of trying places I have never been.

I am envious.