Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fancy Food Show Winter 2011

I had a great time at the Fancy Food Show this year. It is always so much fun to see customers, vendors and food show friends. And of course eat in San Francisco....see below post-
We had a meeting at the Jelly Belly booth on the last day of the show and they were displaying these fun pieces of art made from Jelly Belly Beans.
The Mona Lisa made using 15000 beans -

Duff from Charm City Cakes unveiled a new line of cake decorating products. They made this awesome San Francisco themed cake and passed out delicious cake pops



We went to a party hosted by Jelly Belly. It was held at a restaurant right under the bridge.....beautiful.
My favorite product I found on this trip was actually not at the show but at Whole Foods. I stopped there every morning for a breakfast of 1 vegan blueberry doughnut and 1 bottle of almond milk, ground sprouts and ginger. It was made by a local company, Easy Living Foods. It was amazing and I have to figure out how to get my hands on more.

The food trend at the Fancy Food Show that I just can not get on board with - goats milk caramels. Normally I am a big fan of the sweet/savory mix but This one just does not work for me.

No comments: