Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have such smart friends

You were all correct I spent the weekend in Atlanta.  I have little Atlanta treats for all of you when I see you again.  I went to a fun, short little convention.  The weather was perfect.  The last time I was in Atlanta it was so so humid I really thought I was going to die.  
I stayed at the amazing Ritz Carlton Atlanta.  




When I arrived in my room this little welcome letter and gummy bears were waiting for me.
If you find yourself in Atlanta these are the reasons you should stay at the Ritz Carlton-

1-Table in the lobby filled with cookies, sweet tea and the best lemonade I have ever had.
2-Twice daily room service.
3-Turn down with a chocolate mint and a little printed card with this quote- "Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them"-John Updike.
They also left a little card with the weather forecast for the next day.
4-Complimentary shoe shine everynight.
5-Bvlgari soaps and shampoo.
6-Fresh cut orchids in the bathroom.
7-The feather bed with luxurious Italian linens and fluffy pillows.
8-The 42 inch, high def flat panel screen television was perfect for watching the breathtaking opening ceremonies of the olympics.
9-Close to a MARTA station

The convention I was attending was held at the Hilton. Another convention being held was this.........

I guess if things don't work out with my current place of employment I guess I should keep all options open right?  
On my flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas I upgraded to first class.  I am not even going to say how much I paid but this is what you get in first class on US Airways 1-the $25 first bag fee is waved 2-headphones for the movie 3-big huge chair 4-pillow and blanket 5-unlimited soda...no need to pay the $2 they charge for soda in coach and get ready for it.....6-one bag of stale Sun Chips.  Yes that was the extend of my first class experience on US Airways (oh I almost forgot that I got to watch the huge fight between the ticketing agents and their boss when I checked in) there was no dinner, no snacks no special treatment.   So if given the opportunity pass it up, pay $2 for a soda and sit in the back of the plane.   


No comments: