Monday, January 12, 2009

Cookbook:From Our House To Yours


I began the Cookbook Challenge 2009 with a recipe from the book From Our House To Yours comfort food to give and share. This is a book from Chronicle Books. This is a book filled with recipes from 50 famous chefs and authors and a portion of the proceeds from the book will benefit Meals On Wheels of San Francisco All of the recipes are designed to be shared with neighbors or friends. Most of the recipes include instructions on the best ways to prepare and deliver the recipes including make ahead and reheating instructions. 
The recipe I made was on Page 51 Polenta Lasagna with Tomatoes and Peppers.
It was fantastic.  It was filled with polenta, ricotta, spinach and mozzarella cheese.....how could that not be great? 
I took it to my parents house where where we reheated it. It was great and it was also great when I reheated it for lunch the next day. 



I really like this cookbook and plan to keep it and cook more things from this book.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks SO good!

BirdieMann said...

Oh how I love Chronicle books!

A said...

I have always wanted to make that dish that is on the cover. If you make it, will you invite me over?