Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cookbook Challenge Update

If you remember back to the first of the year I made the goal of cooking one thing out of every cookbook I have before I buy any new cookbooks. I really have been falling behind in this goal so I have regrouped and I am ready to start again. Plus I have a whole new list of books I want to buy.  Here are the latest books I have crossed off the list.

Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey
By Jill O'Connor
This is another of my favorite books from Chronicle Books.  The graphics and photos in this book are so well done.  I baked the Gooey Caramel Butter Bars.  They were delicious and really easy to make....they did have 4 sticks for butter so how could they not be delicious, right? 

I am thinking about trying these next-Rich Risotto Rice Pudding.  This cookbook is full of great recipes I am sure I will be cooking something out of this book again. 

I made dinner using recipes from off the shelf by Donna Hay.  I am a huge fan of Donna Hay. She is from Australia and creates the most amazing cookbooks.  They are filled with simple, recipes and tons of beautiful photos.   She also has a magazine that I love buying if I feel up to spending $20 on a beautiful international magazine. 

I made Green Olive Baked Chicken that was made with the following ingredients-green olives, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper.  It was so delicious and so easy.  I also made spinach polenta with roasted balsamic tomatoes and coconut rice with caramelized bananas.  
I love Donna Hay books and I am happy to say I have two more Donna Hay cookbooks to use this year.   








No comments: