Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer Fancy Food Show Finds

Here are some of the products I really liked at the Fancy Food Show.....

Choclatique is a chocolate company from California. I sampled a root beer float truffle. I know sounds so strange, I was surprised it tasted just like a root beer float and I loved it. They have some other unique flavors that I really want to try Jelly Doughnut, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Peanut Butter and Jelly and New York Egg Cream. I love that their chocolates celebrate traditional "all american" flavors.


My obsession with honey continues and my favorite new honey company is Honey Ridge Farms. They make a honey balsamic vinegar that was nominated for the best vinegar at the Fancy Food Show.

They also make a creamed honey in 5 flavors. My favorite was the blackberry cream. I think their packaging is so beautiful.
My favorite product was from Nettle Meadow Goat Cheese and Farm. This is my new favorite type of company.....family farms. I love everything about family farms and the great impact that buying local products has on the environment and supporting local farms . This family runs a goat farm in upstate New York. They make a lavender honey goat cheese that I totally loved. This product was also nominated for a fancy food show award.

No comments: