Monday, May 19, 2008

I Love Haagen-Dazs

Right now I am slightly obsessed with all things honey related. Last night I was looking through a magazine and found an ad for Haagen Dazs ice cream.

They are working hard to help with the honey bee crisis. They have made large donations to Penn State and UC Davis and have developed a new flavor of ice cream called Vanilla Honey Bee.



A portion of the sales of this flavor goes to fund research into the Honey Bee crisis. They have also developed a great web site http://www.helpthehoneybees.com/ that provides a little bit more information about the crisis and the small things that can be done to help out the bees.

Haagen-Dazs, which is owned by General Mills, said bees are actually responsible for 40% of its 60 flavors - such as strawberry, toasted pecan and banana split.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Did you not read the email I sent you with the link to this site? I knew you would like the ice cream and the website. Glad you found it either way. Have fun with your bees!

KeeKee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KeeKee said...

Yikes! Let me try that again with better typing and grammar skills. Look what I finally have... A google account so I can comment!

BirdieMann said...

Guess what I found? Every episode of Pushing Daisies online! Right here: http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

It looks like maybe it wasn't canceled after all...