Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fun Day In The Big City

My friend April moved to the SLC area a couple of weeks ago and this past weekend I had the opportunity to spend the day with her. We had a fantastic breakfast at a great restaurant I have never heard of, Finn's located in Sugarhouse. They only serve breakfast and lunch and close at 2:30 everyday. The servers wore cute nostalgic aprons.


I had an iced mocha served in a tall thin glass and an omelet. I loved this place and I hope to be going back soon.

We spent the rest of the afternoon stopping at some of my favorite shops Artichokes and Co, Hip and Humble, Campo, Homegoods and two new stores.
The first new store was Steve and Berry's. They sell the Sarah Jessica Parker line Bitten. I have to say it was not what I was expecting. I thought Steve and Berry's would be a cute little boutique but it was more like Old Navy and everything was $8.98. Sadly I was very underwhelmed.
The other new store was Jones Bee Company.

I am excited to report that I am going to keep a beehive this year. Everyone thinks I am crazy but I am excited to start this new hobby. I ordered my pack of bees and a queen and I have to pick them up on the 5th of April.......more on this new adventure to come.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Isn't Finn's great? I love their omelette's and drinks. I am glad you and April enjoyed your Saturday together. It looks like you had fun.

I am not a fan of Steve and Berry's.

I am really excited for you to start a beehive. I don't think you are crazy for doing it. You know how fond I am of Bees and honey. I will be your first customer. Let me know if I can help you in any way.