Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Amazing.........

Oh my gosh I have loved this so much.



The men that served our country during World War Two are amazing. I have learned so much watching all 15 hours of The War things that I can not believe I did not know Normandy, Iwo Jima...how did I not know these things? What a crazy time...I am watching the liberation of the Nazi Concentration Camps right now unbelievable. I can't believe how blessed I am to have the life I have......how I nearly had a nervous breakdown a few weeks ago when my internet was down and I was so frustrated I cried hysterical tears it makes me think there is no way I could have survived if I had to make the sacrifices they had to make. It makes me feel like such a brat to see what "The Greatest Generation" had to sacrifice. I am so blessed.

I love Ken Burns! I am totally making it a goal to watch all of his other movies. There is a fantastic Norah Jones song from this show I wish I knew how to upload music onto my blog because it is so touching....make me cry everytime I hear it..."America America I gave my best to you" I really think these men did give their best to our country....we have so much to be grateful for.

No comments: