Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's about time

So one of my favorite memories of my Italian grandmother's house was helping her dust her collection of Italian ceramic oil jars that were displayed on shelves above her kitchen windows. It is one of my favorite memories of her house along with eating the amazing food she made ravioli, gnocchi, polenta with beef stew, chocolate cake, green salad with the best oil and vinegar dressing ever, I could go on and on.
Eventually these jars made their way down to me and I had such big display plans for them but it never actually happened. Finally a decade, yes a decade, later I purchased these cubes from West Elm and put them up. There are 8 cubes hanging on my wall which I hope to fill with additional ceramic oil jars and beautiful jars of olive oil.

No comments: